Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Be a "Type D”
People commit themselves to all kinds of things; causes, hobbies, other people. Just being able to make a commitment doesn’t automatically lead to business success. If you’re going to get where you want to go in business, and start a business that will endure, you also have to be what I call a "Type D” person; someone who has desire coupled with drive, with strong discipline and determination. You have to not only have the business ideas, but be able to execute them. Successful business people are tenacious; obstacles are temporary barriers to work around. They may take “No” for an answer, but only for as long as it takes them to reframe the question from another angle and ask again. But desire and drive alone are not enough to start a business; you don’t want your business to be a temporary comet streaking across the sky. Discipline and determination are what give successful business people the endurance to follow through on their business ideas, and weather the storms and calms of the economic climate. Knowledge is another resource you need to have in place before you start a business. Continue on to learn what types of knowledge and skills you must have if you want to start a business with staying power. The Knowledge You Need To Start A Business
Posted by dwonder at 9:19 PM
- Work Behavior that Keeps Your Boss Happy, and Make...
- Do You Have The Right Stuff To Start A Business?
- Fully Commit
- Be a "Type D”
- Get The Business Knowledge You Need
- What aspects of the business are you qualified or ...
- INTERNATIONAL JOB LISTING
- HOW TO NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY
- When to talk salary It's better not to be the ...
- The Basic Rule of Job Searching If there is one ...
- WORK ETHIC is a set of values based on the moral v...
- Reckitt Benckiser is recruiting for a Commercial ...
- ▼ September (17)